Terms and Condition
- 1SCOPE OF AGREEMENT
The usage of Flixads is bound by the TOU set by Flixads. Failure to comply with any of the stipulated terms in this agreement may result in the suspension or termination of your account, and in some instances legal actions if required.
- 2OBJECT OF AGREEMENT, RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
- 1The Flixads website is an internet platform where users can publish and respond to classified ads. Users are solely held responsible for the content they submit on Flixads, as well as any consequences that arise from doing so.
- 2Flixads is not involved in any transaction, contract and/or arrangement that might occur between and among users and third parties. The conclusion of such transactions, contracts and/or arrangements remain the business of the users and the third party.
- 3USER INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION, PURPOSE OF ADVERTISEMENT(S)
- 1The usage of Flixads’s services is essentially available for everyone. A user registers on Flixads by filling out the provided online registration form, and by doing so swears that the information provided is accurate and true. The registration progress is complete when the account becomes active. The user is obligated to promptly inform Flixads of any changes to their account information.
- 2The user may resign from this agreement at any time. Sending an email to the Customer Support Team through the contact form should suffice. Flixads reserves the right to a grace period of 14 days before terminating the agreement. Blocking an account remains the right of Flixads, as stated in clause 4.3.
- 3An entry on Flixads, referring to a classified ad, can only materialize/be published online via the following methods:
- Flixads confirms the entry through an email, or
- Flixads implements the entry and publishes it online.
- 4Flixads reserves the right to refuse a user’s classified ad entry under certain circumstances. This applies when the content of a classified ad goes against this agreement, violates laws and local authority regulations, contravenes good intentions, morals and customs or when Flixads is used for unsuitable purposes.
- 5Flixads reserves the right to delete the accounts of non-registered users as well as registered users whose account(s) has/have been inactive for the past 6 months.
- 4ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ADVERTISING CONTENT AND TRUTHFULLY-SWORN STATEMENTS/INFORMATION
- 1The user is legally and solely responsible for the content of the advertisement(s) placed on the Flixads website. The user is obliged to provide complete, true and certified correct information about their person, contact details, business details (if applicable) and must provide sufficient descriptions in regard to the advertisement being placed. The user agrees to place their advertisement under the correct category within the website. Flixads reserves the right to move advertisements to a more appropriate category. The user is obliged to comply with the Flixads TOU and is expected to adhere to these terms when interacting with other Flixads users. The placement of duplicate/similar ads on the website is prohibited. Business owners offering items and services are obliged to inform consumers about consumer rights and the rights of withdrawal/cancellation, should this apply.
- 2The user is not allowed to post content on the Flixads website that breaches this agreement, applicable rights and/or third party rights.
Prohibitions for the Flixads user include:
- Violating the law or going against the Prohibited Policy
- Conducting business in a dishonest and/or deceptive manner
- Violating the rights of the third party
- Spamming and posting chain letters
- Using virus(es) and other technical items that may cause damage to Flixads or the interest of the users of Flixads
- Causing excessive burden on the Flixads infrastructure and the smooth running operations of the Flixads website
- Copying, duplicating, modifying or distributing the content of other advertisements
- Collecting information from other users such as email addresses from the site itself, or from other users without the approval of the user
- Bypassing measures that serve to limit and/or prevent access to Flixads
- Content that is abusive, libelous, and defamatory, that promotes or incites violence, terrorism, illegal acts, or hatred on the grounds of race, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation or is otherwise objectionable in Flixads’s reasonable discretion.
- 3Flixads has the right to block, delete or freeze advertisements, accounts or memberships that are deemed to contain prohibited content (refer to 4.2). Flixads also has the right to warn the user and freeze their account for a certain period of time or permanently and to resign from the agreement/contract. In this process Flixads gives due respect to the legitimate interest of the user. Users’ claims, e.g. for reimbursement for already paid items/services will not be honored when the Prohibited Content Policy is breached.
Flixads users are obliged to release Flixads from any claims or lawsuits brought forward by other Flixads users or third parties who have been in any way affected by an advertisement’s content. Flixads users must shoulder any costs/claims arising from lawsuits directed at Flixads, including all legal and juridical costs.
- 1The usage of the Flixads website is essentially free of charge. However, Flixads reserves the right to charge fees for special services and site features as well as the publication of online advertisements under specific/certain categories on the site.
- 2All fees shall be reflected and charged in the respective currency for each country. Flixads reserves the right to charge in other currencies for technical reasons.
- 3Each and every fee shall be due for immediate payment and shall be paid for/settled using the different methods of payment offered on the website. Costs that may arise from aborting the payment collection shall be shouldered by the user and not Flixads.
- 4The user shall be informed about new invoices via an email that provides a link to the user’s “My Flixads” account. The invoice(s) can then be downloaded from this page. Flixads ensures the protection of the user by sending these emails only to the registered email address on Flixads.
- 5The services are provided exclusively to commercial businesses, declaring their consent to tax liability – limited to the Value Added Tax (VAT/GST/Sales Tax). The recipient must be registered for VAT, GST, Sales Tax. With the conclusion of the contract, the recipient of the services agrees, that the VAT, GST and Sales Tax on a taxable supply is payable by the recipient and not by the supplier. The recipient is responsible for the timely application of the Tax (VAT, GST, Sales Tax).
- 6In the event of delayed payments for these services, Flixads reserves the right to suspend the execution of the said service(s) and restrict the access of the user until the amount due has been paid.
- 7Flixads reserves the right to change/modify the fees for services associated with premium features on the website without prior notice.
- 7ADVERTISEMENTS WITH PREMIUM FEATURES
Flixads users may purchase premium features for their advertisements. Should the user choose to delete the advertisement before the purchased time frame has lapsed, this revokes the right of the user to retain or reuse the rest of the “unused” purchased time. Flixads does not reimburse the user for any portion of a discounted premium feature/service.
- 8PREMIUM ACCOUNTS / VIP MEMBERSHIPS
In addition to the free Flixads account, users have the option to purchase a Premium Account, and some are invited to purchase a VIP Membership. The user can then select from multiple plan durations. Upon the deletion of an account or membership before its selected duration has passed, the remainder of the duration is forfeited. The amount already charged will not be reimbursed.
If the user opts for the automatic renewal (for example, of a Premium Account or VIP membership), the duration will automatically renew according to the originally selected duration. Promotions, such as free added months to the duration by purchasing within a particular period of time, are not carried over upon automatic renewal.
- 9PUBLICATION OF ONLINE ADVERTISEMENT(S) ON RELATED INTERNET PLATFORMS OWNED BY FLIXADS
Flixads reserves the right to republish advertisement(s) on Flixads and on other websites owned by Flixads.
- 10MODIFICATION OF ADVERTISEMENT CONTENT
- 1The Flixads user may at any time modify or delete their advertisement.
- 2The Flixads user has the right to demand the removal or deletion of the user’s own ads from the website. Flixads shall be ready to comply with this request immediately. However due to technical reasons, this usually takes a period of up to 24 hours.
- 11LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
- 1The user agrees not to hold Flixads responsible for things other users post or do. As most of the content on Flixads comes from other users, Flixads does not guarantee the accuracy of postings, user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what’s offered. Continuous or secure access to Flixads’s services cannot be guaranteed. To the extent legally permitted Flixads expressly disclaims all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. Flixads is not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising from the usage of the Flixads website, even if Flixads has been advised or could have reasonably forseen the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to the user.
- 2Despite the previous paragraph, if Flixads is found to be liable, the liability to the user or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees the user paid to Flixads in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, or (b) 100 USD.
- 1The transfer of rights and obligations of Flixads users to third parties requires the approval of Flixads.
- 2The disclosure of login details and passwords to third parties, including Flixads users, is prohibited.
- 3If the customer/user is a merchant or a legal entity of public law or constitutes special funding under public law, the place of jurisdiction is agreed upon to be in Belize.
- 4The legal relationship between Flixads and the Flixads user is subject to the rights of the Federal Republic of Belize to the/with the exclusion of the UN consumer rights (CISG) and conflicts to the provisions of Belize right.
Questions, remarks and complaints may be sent to us through our contact form.